UAN Activation process: Easiest way to activate your Universal Account Number Online and by SMS. If you don’t know How to Activate UAN, well you are on the right place. In this article, we will described Complete Process of UAN Activation. UAN Activation is a mandatory process for every employee of India. EPF Organization does not allow employees to use UAN Services without Activation of Universal Account Number. Employees who are contributing towards Provident Fund, should Activate their UAN.
UAN Activation Online
Some employees ask that they already have PF Account Number then why should they Activate UAN. Because the Procedure of UAN Activation seems embarrassing, but it is quite easy when they actually do it. If you wish to Activate your Universal Account Number Online, you need to read the full article carefully. Here we will discuss about some easy methods to Activate Your UAN on Member e-Sewa Portal, on EPFO Mobile App and UAN Activation by SMS.
UAN Activation Process – How to Activate Your UAN Online
Employees can Activate UAN on Member e-Sewa Portal within a few minutes. In order to perform the UAN Activation Process Online, the employees must have either a computer or an Android Mobile and Internet Connection. Once the UAN is Activated Online or by SMS, employees are eligible to use UAN Services and Facilities provided by EPFO. Employees who have PF Account Number, are advised to Activate their UAN. Because employees can access all his PF Accounts with a single login after Activating UAN Online.
Some employees don’t know their Universal Account Number. Well it is employer’s responsibility to generate UAN for each employee. In case an employee doesn’t know his UAN, still he can Activate UAN Online on Member e-Sewa Unified Portal. But the employee must have submitted required documents to his current employer and the employer must have uploaded such documents on official portal.
Sometimes employee gets confused between PF Number and UAN. Provident Fund Account Number is employee’s Member ID, while UAN is Universal Account Number for one or all Member IDs of the employee. Universal Account Number was introduced by EPF Organization in 2014. The purpose of UAN is to link all Provident Fund Accounts of an employee.
Important Documents for UAN Activation
Employee must possess following documents and information before they start Process of UAN Activation on Unified Portal:
- UAN (12 Digit Universal Account Number)
- PF Account Number (22 Digit EPFO Member ID)
- AADHAAR (12 Digit UID Number)
- PAN Card (10 Digit Permanent Account Number)
- Employee’s Name (same as written on EPF Slip/Salary Slip)
- Employee’s Date of Birth (DOB)
- Employee’s Mobile Number (which is registered with EPFO)
Please note that, first four documents are alternatives. So the employee must have at least one of the four documents/details mentioned above.
3 Easy Methods for UAN Activation
UAN Activation Process can be performed by three different methods as follows:
- UAN Activation on UAN Member e-Sewa Portal (Unified Portal)
- UAN Activation on EPFO Mobile App (m-epf Android App)
- UAN Activation by SMS (Registered Mobile Number)
You can choose any one of the above methods to Activate Your UAN Online. Let us discuss each method of UAN Activation as under:
UAN Activation on UAN Member e-Sewa Portal
- Go to UAN Member e-Sewa Portal at https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/.
- Find out ACTIVATE UAN link to open online form.
- Fill up the UAN Activation Form with necessary personal details.
- Here you need to enter your Universal Account Number or PF Account Number/Member ID.
- In case you don’t any of the above details, provide your PAN or AADHAAR Number.
- Then provide your Name exactly same as displayed in your EPF Slip/Salary Pay Slip.
- Enter your Date of Birth as DD/MM/YYYY.
- Enter your Mobile Number which is registered with your PF Account, 10 Digit Number without ‘zero’ or ‘+91’.
- You can provide your Email ID, it is optional.
- Enter the Captcha code and click on Get Authorization Pin.
- If all the details entered by you are correct, you will receive a PIN Number on your Registered Mobile Number.
- Enter the Authorization Pin in the given box and submit it.
- Your UAN will be Activated by EPFO Authority after verification and validation of your details.
UAN Activation on EPFO Mobile App [m-epf]
UAN Activation on Mobile App is available only for those employees who have an Android Mobile. Kindly go through the following procedure to Activate Your UAN by EPFO Mobile App.
- Start Mobile Data/Internet Connection and open Google Play Store.
- Search m-epf App, download and install the App on your Android Smartphone.
- Open the EPFO Application with Internet Connection Activated.
- Select MEMBER tab to open next page.
- Now click on ACTIVATE UAN to proceed.
- First of all, choose your EPFO Office.
- Enter your 7 Digit Establishment Code.
- Provide the 3 Digit Extension Code and 7 Digit Employee Number.
- Then enter your 12 Digit UAN (Universal Account Number) and 10 Digit Mobile Number.
- Check the Declaration Box (I declare above details pertain to me and are correct.
- Finally click on ACTIVATE button to complete the procedure.
- You will soon be informed by EPFO Authorities as your UAN is Activated.
UAN Activation by SMS
UAN Activation by SMS is quite simple for any person. Because this method does not require a computer or smartphone, not even internet. The employee who knows his PF Account Number and has registered his Mobile Number with EPFO, can use this service. Please follow the steps mentioned below to Activate Your UAN by SMS.
- Open Messages Icon/Application on your Mobile.
- Write EPFOHO ACT,<<12 Digit UAN Number>>,<<22 Digit EPFO Member ID>>.
- Send the above Text Message to 7738299899.
- Please note that there is no space before and after coma (,) in above Text Message SMS.
- This SMS is NOT FREE, you have to pay applicable charges.
- If your details are true and the Message Format is correct, your SMS will be accepted by EPFO Authorities.
- Soon you will receive a Confirmation SMS on your Mobile.
- Your UAN will be Activated within certain time period after necessary formalities completed by EPFO.
All the information about Online UAN Activation Process is true and correct and it collected based on our latest research. Kindly visit Unified Portal – UAN Member e-Sewa Portal at https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/ to know more on UAN Activation by SMS, on UAN Member Portal and on EPFO Mobile App etc.